Burst pipes are serious plumbing issues that have to be dealt with as soon as possible. If pipes burst underneath your floor, adjacent to the foundation, or behind the wall, it can result in significant damage to the surrounding areas and features.
At Australia Wide Plumbing and Electrical, we offer our clients quick and highly-efficient emergency burst pipe services throughout Sydney. Consider giving us a call as soon as you start noticing signs of damage, and we will send a skilled technician promptly to your location.
Causes of Burst Pipes
Burst pipes are one of the most common plumbing emergencies, and several different things can be responsible for it. Call in a skilled professional to determine the root cause of the burst pipe. Here are a few factors that can result in burst pipes:
- Unplanned or shoddily implemented remodelling or landscaping can cause accidental damage to the pipe, which can cause them to burst.
- Tree roots can easily make their way into your pipes, which then causes blockages. An excessive build-up of roots can also cause damage and cracks in pipes.
- Extreme weather like hurricanes, heavy rain, winds or earthquakes can cause the pipes to shift and eventually break.
- Clogs that haven’t been resolved on time, slowly take up more space in your pipes, and ultimately result in leaks or bursts.
Common Signs of a Burst Pipe
Water is highly corrosive and can infiltrate various building materials such as concrete. The longer you allow the stagnant water to linger, the more problems it can create. This fact makes it crucial to address issues like burst pipes right away. Here are a few common signs of a burst pipe:
- Flooding in areas near plumbing installations.
- Dripping noises from behind your walls or floors.
- Low water pressure or slow running taps.
- Damp surfaces.
- Soggy ground in your backyard.
- Slow drainage.
- Water damage on the drywall near your plumbing installations.
Hire an Emergency Plumber in Sydney
Call in an emergency plumber if you notice the following signs:
- A well-established and reputed plumbing company that offers emergency services will keep their lines open at all times. They will have a quick response team that reaches the location in fully equipped vans.
- They will effectively locate the source of the burst pipe by carefully examining the system.
- The technicians will then cut off the water supply to the affected area, and replace your burst pipe with a new one of superior quality. They will ensure that your system has no other problems.
Pipe Relining Services
We offer traditional burst pipes repair solutions as well as pipe relining services. The latter is a non-invasive, modern method of fixing damaged pipes. Depending on the nature of the damage, we may sometimes recommend this solution. The epoxy liner that is inserted forms a pipe within the existing pipe and can last for up to 50 years or more.
We at Australia Wide Plumbing & Electrical offer high-quality emergency plumbing services to commercial and residential clients. For any more information about our services, feel free to call us at 1300 099 332 or use this online form to send us your requests and queries.