If you have dripping faucets in your home, you need to be worried about more than just the annoyance these niggling leaks create. Water leaks can cost you a significant amount of money over the long term. Even if a leaking tap is dripping one drop of water per second that amounts to water wastage of almost 21 litres everyday.
That’s almost 2,000 litres in 3 months. Water prices are ever on the increase in Sydney and its best to get leaking taps on your property fixed without delay. We at Australia Wide Plumbing and Electrical offer prompt and reliable leaking tap and other repairs. Our team of expert plumbers are here to help with these and any other plumbing issues you might be facing.
Different Problems That Water Leakages Cause
Timely intervention helps ensure that you don’t have to deal with the constant annoyance of dripping water in sinks. It also helps you save money on utility bills. There are many different problems that water leaks cause, such as:
- Water stains will show up on ceilings and walls
- The dampness can give rise to mould growth, which can spread very quickly and affect indoor air quality.
- Water dripping in different areas of your home can also cause structural damage or affect the drywall installations.
- If there are any significant leaks in the pipes leading from the water meter to your home, the water can rise through the soil or cement and cause considerable damage. If you have noticed this problem, you must call in a professional plumber without delay and get the problem fixed.
Causes of Leaking taps
Leaky taps are a prevalent problem in many properties. There are many ways in which these issues can be tackled, but it is also necessary to know what exactly is wrong with the taps. Some common reasons for tap leaks include:
- Worn seals
- Old or loose o-rings
- High water pressure
- Tapware age
- Incorrectly installed or deteriorated washers
- Faucets need re-seating
Some signs of leaks in your home
There are some common signs of leaks, some of which are very obvious, while others, not so much.
- Dripping taps in the kitchen or bathroom could indicate that you need to replace the washer
- Water pooling under the fridge or dishwasher
- Warped or discolored walls, benchtops, and cabinets
- Dripping showerhead
- Continually running toilet cistern
- Water pooling near the laundry tub or washing machine.
- Wet patches or excessively green patches of grass in the lawn areas.
While you can fix some of these problems like worn washers and O-rings yourself, a significant and constant problem is best dealt with by a skilled and licensed plumber. We at Australia Wide Plumbing & Electrical offer high-quality emergency plumbing services to commercial and residential clients as well. For any more information about our services, feel free to call us at 1300 099 332 or use this online form to send us your requests and queries.