Why You Shouldn’t Ignore Plumbing Smells Or Sounds
While good quality plumbing systems and fixtures are built to last for a number of years, there are times when different types of problems can crop up. This could happen because of a number of different reasons. In some instances it is due to poor maintenance, while at others it would be due to excessive wear and tear. Sometimes the age of the system would be the cause of the problems.
Many property owners find that there are some plumbing smells and sounds that they can’t make much of, which is why they end up ignoring them. However, we at Australia Wide Plumbing & Electricalknow that, these kind of smells and sounds are likely an indication of some issues in the plumbing system. Here is some information that can help you understand why it is important:
Smells From Plumbing Systems
Some of the different types of foul smells to look out for include:
- Sewer gases are extremely harmful to the health. Most installations have traps which prevent any leakage of gas into the home. However, if the sewer has got drained out completelyor if the water has evaporated, the foul gases enter your home. In some cases, running water down these dry drains can solve the problem or else you’d have to call in a plumber.
- If you have noticed a mouldy smell in your kitchen or bathroom spaces, it could be because there is moisture in these areas. Determine whether there is any kind of leakage of seepage and call us in to get the problem fixed immediately.
- Gas or propane leakages in different areas of the house can be very hazardous. This is something you should never take a chance with. Call us and we will inspect older systems in your home.
Sounds From Plumbing Installations
Some of the different sounds to look out for include:
- While it may seem like minor drips from showers, faucets, toilets etc. can be very problematic, they can turn into major problems if not attended to on time. Aside from this, dripping water also results in water wastage which can increase your utility bills.
- Water hammer takes place when there is excessively high water pressure in your pipes. In some cases, this would also indicate that you need to replace the pressure regulator. Depending on what is causing the problem, installing an air hammer arrestor might solve the problem as well.
We at Australia Wide Plumbing & Electrical provide high-quality services to commercial and residential clients. For any more information about our services, feel free to call us at 1300 099 332 or use this online form to send us your requests and queries.
Fantastic Plumber. Great customer service and a JOB Well Done.
Found them very professional, on time and a great job.
Highly recommend great service and a honest . Unblocked our drains with reasonable pricing thanks guys!