It is normal for older properties to have older electrical installations and fixtures. Such properties have fewer powerpoints, as well. However, a trend has developed where outdoor spaces on residential properties are increasingly being used for relaxation and entertainment. Areas such as decks, patios, outdoor kitchens, poolscapes lawns, etc. need proper lighting and additional powerpoints.
Outdoor power point installation differs significantly from indoor electrical installations. We at Australia Wide Plumbing And Electrical have the certification, knowledge, and experience to handle outdoor powerpoint installation for commercial and residential customers.
When Is Outdoor Powerpoint Installation Required?
You require outdoor powerpoints for various reasons, such as:
- You are the owner of an older property, or move into a new house which has fewer outdoor powerpoints than your requirement. Additional power points become necessary in areas such as your garden, yard, patio, etc.
- Sometimes, the outdoor power point placement does not match your needs.
- You add an outdoor kitchen that requires powerpoints to run various equipment and appliances.
- You upgrade the outdoor spaces such as poolscape, deck, patio, backyard, pathway, etc.
- Even your fireplaces, fire pits, boundary, and retaining walls need powerpoints for adequate lighting.
- After inspection of electrical installations on your property, you find the old power points are worn out, loose, or are making a buzzing or hissing sound when in use. You need to replace them with new features without any delay.
You may think of using a power cord or an electrical extension cord as a temporary arrangement, but it can prove hazardous and create a messy look too and its best to get new points installed as needed.
Factors to Remember
You need to consider several aspects when undertaking outdoor electrical work, such as:
- All outdoor electrical work has to be waterproof. It is hazardous if water comes in contact with electricity as it creates shorts and many other problems.
- It is crucial to use electrical wire of correct gauge. When electricity flows through the wire, it causes the wire to heat up. If the wire heats up too much, it can result in a fire.
- Cables running under the ground on your property need extra protection. They are likely to be damaged by a spade or other gardening tools while digging into the soil. Any contact with a cable can result in the technician getting electrocuted. The consequences of such events are serious.
Why Hire Local Electricians For Outdoor Powerpoint Installations?
A qualified electrician is trained to position the powerpoints and install them correctly. The only electrical work that you can do on your own is to a change a light bulb. The law, rules, and regulations are very precise and clear about the installation of electrical connections on your property.
Australia Wide Plumbing & Electrical provides high-quality outdoor powerpoint installation services to clients. For any more information about our services, feel free to call us at 1300 099 332 or use this online form to send us your requests and queries.