In summer, fewer people step into a steamy shower and are unaware of whether there is hot water in their bathroom. If you haven’t already carried out basic hot water system maintenance during autumn, it isn’t too late yet. While most good quality hot water systems are built to last for over a decade, they too can show signs of deterioration.
Different problems can surface over time and its best to get an annual inspection and hot water repairs done from experts like the ones at Australia Wide Plumbing And Electrical. A hot water inspection is a straightforward way to avoid any mid-winter hot water disaster-like situation.
Hot Water System Checks
A licensed plumber Sydney knows what checks are required to be done. However, you too, can carry out the following basic checks.
- Safety Relief Valve – This valve drips when the water is heating, but not continuously. The proper working of this safety valve is critical to the safety of the system. A continuous drip is a sign that you need to call an expert plumber Sydney
- Tank Condition – A metal tank can corrode or degrade. Therefore look for rust marks on the hot water tank from outside, leaks or similar signs of trouble.
- Sacrificial Anode– The importance of the sacrificial anode lies in attracting corrosive elements in the water. It helps prevent corrosion inside the hot water system, and the anode needs replacement at regular intervals. You can extend the life of the tank by checking your manual what the replacement frequency of the sacrificial anode is and carry out the necessary maintenance work.
Call a plumber immediately if you notice brown water flowing from your hot water tap. It indicates that the anode has degraded or that the inside of your tank, has rust build-up and may burst.
It is a great preventive measure to get your water heater inspected every year. What you need to make sure is that your home is safe from a disastrous explosion or leak. Getting electrical and plumbing gadgets inspected by untrained and unlicensed plumbers can prove dangerous. It is the job of a professional.
Hire an Expert Plumber Sydney For Hot Water Repairs
Our professional plumbers have knowledge of various hot water system brands and can repair or install them according to manufacturer’s instructions. Here is a list of the different services we offer:
- Inspect and maintain hot water systems
- Efficient repairs of hot water systems
- Provide recommendations when you need replacement of your hot water system and suggest brands
- Replace damaged faucets and pipes connected to your hot water system
We offer the best services at the most cost-effective pricing and make sure that our clients get value for money every time they hire us. Australia Wide Plumbing & Electrical provides high-quality hot water installation, repair, and replacement services to clients. For any more information about our services, feel free to call us at 1300 099 332 or use this online form to send us your requests and queries.